How To Measure Your Kitchen
Tips for getting the perfect fit
Please follow these tips when taking the measurements for your IKEA Kitchen Design. Try to be as accurate as possible when you measure your kitchen space to ensure that your kitchen layout is perfect and everything fits correctly as planned.
Walls & Floors
- Measure from the floor to ceiling and from wall to wall.
- Measure from the corners to the trim of the door. Please see Figure 1.
- Make a record of anything that protrudes into the room such as radiators, ventilation, pipes, etc.
- Make note of any major architectural features or special angles.
Doors & Windows
- Measure the size of the doors and windows and include the trim when measuring. Please provide measurements for height and width.
- Measure the distance of each door and window from the floor, ceiling and wall edges. Please see Figure 2.
- Make note of which way all of the doors and windows swing open, including sinks, stoves, refrigerators, etc.
- Make note of where all of your large appliances are and provide measurements for the height and width of each. This will help us understand where existing utility lines are for water, gas, air, etc. These can be moved to suit your new design.
- Mark down the approximate positions of where you would like your new appliances to be located.
New / Replacement Door Fronts
- For replacement doors and drawer fronts, simply measure the existing fronts and provide exact measurements for height and width. Your custom doors from Dendra Doors® will fit exactly the same.
- For custom door fronts for a new kitchen, simply send us your IKEA Home Planner and we will get your measurements from there.
“My kitchen turned out fabulous. I would like to thank everyone at Dendra Doors — a great job and good product made my dream kitchen come true. I would recommend them for any custom project you may have.”